Friday, December 12, 2008

Ramblings of a Reader.

I once was an avid reader, and I loved reading romance novels. Although, I'd have to say my favorites were suspense/romance novels. Oh and it is to be noted these were not dirty or descriptive books. Anyway, with all the time I've had free at work, I've been reading some of them a second time and finding how ridiculously stupid they are!!! Let me give you the basic plot of many of them.

Week 1.
Enter Damsel. Enter Cowboy/Prince/other male figure.
Male sees Damsel.
Damsel sees Male.
Male and Damsel hate each other.
Male and Damsel argue.
Male and Damsel know each other for a few days.
Male and Damsel are in love.
Male and Damsel discuss their love.
Male confesses he has loved Damsel since seeing her.
Damsel admits her love may have even started before they'd ever met.
Week 2.
Male and Damsel get married.
Male and Damsel live happily ever after.

I can hardly get through these books when they've just met and hardly talked, but are getting all jealous and possessive of the other. It doesn't make any sense and isn't at all realistic. Just because 100 pages has passed, doesn't mean that enough time has passed for the characters to love each other. But who am I to talk... It's not like I've fallin in love... But even if I had. I can guarantee that I won't know it after a few days of NOT talking or seeing them...

Please. Who writes this stuff anyway?

1 comment:

  1. jajajaja!!! en serio. Seriously.

    well. Sis. you never know!!! lol!!!

    no seriously. your so right!

    ReplyDelete